When it rains it pours... This actually feels like a hurricane.
Josh is doing pretty good. Nausea comes often. His upper body strength is getting a lot better along with his leg movement. Still working on transfers. No standing yet, but that will come with time. I finally got over my cold and the boys and I came over to Medford last Saturday.
Last Thursday Joshuah started with a yucky nose. Didn't get much worse then that. The boys spent the night with Roy and Shelly Saturday night and then on Monday Joshuah stayed with cousin Amy. Tuesday he started with a NASTY cough, fever and breathing difficulties. :( So I went and picked him up that night and took him to the ER at the hospital that Josh is at. I was thinking RSV but the test came back negative. He spent the night with me at the hospital. Took him to his follow up appt with the pediatrician here and he said "yes he has RSV, I am not even going to test him again." So Joshuah got a breathing tx in the office and they sent us "home" with a nebulizer and rx for Albuterol. We did treatments every 6hrs to help with the symptoms. He had a hard time breathing and eating through the night because of his cough and from being so congested. On Thursday he seemed to be doing worse so I asked Josh's nurse to hook Joshuah up to the O2 machine....79% Geesh! Back to ER. They game him O2 and started a IV and did another RSV test. Again it was negative. He was admitted to the pediatric unit at a different hospital then Josh. Today is day 3. His O2 level is still low without the O2 stuffed up him nose. Today they took out his IV since he is having more wet diapers and eating better. They also took him of the heart monitor. All he has now is his O2 stuff. :) He is fussy-to be expected. Not sure when he gets to go home. Maybe tomorrow or Monday. Oh the RSV test they did here came back positive!
Soooo...on that note. Andrew is being content as ever. He went home to Klamath with Roy and Shelly for a few days and is now in Eugene with papa and nana. He is a silly little boy. I was talking to him this am on the phone and he was going on and on about lots of stuff. I understood most but not all of it. He made sure I knew that he had a blue sucker in his pocket for later. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment