Saturday, March 21, 2009
We FINALLY made it home! I am so very thankful for that. It has been a long week! The chest x-ray that Josh had done Thursday night checking for pneumonia came back normal. The x-ray done of his abd. showed the tumor that is in his left lower quadrant abdominal area. It is pushing on his intestines causing the feeling of a blockage. However no stool blockage or obstruction from the tumor. Yet. One doctor suggested a colostomy now as a preventative measure instead of waiting until the obstruction happens and it has to be done in a emergency situation. The surgeon suggested not doing it until we have to. We agreed! So keeping up with strong bowel care is what we're going to do. This tumor that is in the abd is about 4in by 5in. Large. It has grown a good amount over the last 6wks or so. Because of the size it is now and because the intestines are now involved the doctor that talked to us about removing it back then now isn't going to do it. He said that there is to many other cancer spots that will become a bigger problem later and doing this surgery isn't a "priority". But then a different surgeon basically said that because of where it's at and because of the important nerves and arteries that are a part of this tumor, to remove it would kill Josh. There would just be too much bleeding. SO, not doing that surgery at this point. It's frustrating because 6wks ago when the one doctor was talking about removing it, Josh was having bowel problems and I was asking about an x-ray just to make sure he didn't have a blockage. And every time I've asked since then the doctors have just said no reason to because his stomach was making noise and if there were a blockage or obstruction that wouldn't be happening. WELL! Had they done the darn x-ray then and realized that just maybe if they didn't remove this tumor before it got any bigger we wouldn't be in this situation!! But that didn't happen so here we are. Wait and see. At this point we don't have a definite plan. We are going to meet with an oncologist in Medford around the first to discuss radiation of the tumors on the top of his head, the side of his head and his right femur. The radiologist said that visually the radiation worked for the other spots on his head, and he's right. From the "looks" of it it did work. You can't see them anymore. But we'll get another CT or MRI just to make sure. There is also talk about starting chemo. Not sure how that is going to play out but the doctors at OHSU think that would be a good idea. Try to find something that is going to knock this all out since surgery really isn't much of an option anymore. Things are changing faster then we'd like at this point. A month ago they were giving him 1-5 yrs and now today the surgeon said months when Josh asked him about a prognosis. However does that mean 2 months or 36??? I like 36 better :) I am not ready for all of this to be happening so fast. But we can never be totally prepared can we? We are praying for restoration on earth. My trust is in God. I know he has a plan and he knows what the future holds. We may not know right now the reason for these circumstance and we may never know, but that is okay because God is in control!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment