I thought I'd post our Chrismas/New Years letter on the blog this year instead of printing it. Enjoy!
For unto us a child is born...
As most of you know our year has been filled with blessings and trials. We've walked through the desert and we've drank water from the river.
Our year started last December with a blessing. Joshuah Titus was born on the 5th. Weighing 4lbs 6oz (large for being 8 wks early) little to no problems he was our joy!
On December 19th we started a long walk through the desert when Josh lost the use of his legs and tumors were found all over his body. One of which was putting pressure on his spinal cord. Josh had emergence surgery to relieve the pressure and to get a sample for a biopsy. Christmas Eve was when it was confirmd cancer. One year, four surgeries, three different rounds of radiation, several hospital stays, oral chemo, dehydration, pneumonia AND a bed sore later my husband is the strongest person I know. He is optimistic about the future. He is letting God fight the battle. We both are. No other way to do it.
Jeramiah 1:19 They will fight against you but will not overcome you. For I AM with you. Declares the Lord. This cancer will fight us but not overcom us. The Lord IS with us!
One of our biggest blessings; Andrew. Who will be 4 in February still smiles with his eyes. He is loved by all who come in contact with him. Funny, outgoing, stubborn, 100% BOY! He is into everything and anything superhero or cowboy. He is enjoying going to pre-school just down the street from our house. Comes home with lots of stories and is eager to tell us about all of his friends. Andrew had his first Christmas program at school this month. He stood there the whole time and didn't sing any of his songs or do any of the hand motions. When I asked him why he said that it was because he didn't want his hair up (spiked) he wanted it down. And he didn't like the sweater I made him wear! Boys! Andrew is protective of his brother and can't wait until Joshy can "play" too! It is interesting to see how they interact with one another. Joshy knows what buttons to push and Andrew, well lets just say he's the boss. :) As we all know kids say the darndest (is that a word?) things. I've started keeping a diary for my children about my children and the things they say. The other day after Andrew and I had been fighting all morning, he says to me: "Mommy your the nicest mom I ever seen." So I then tell him to tell daddy what he said and he says "mom is the best mom in the whole world." Tears.
Blessing number two. Joshuah. He may have been a preemie but he isn't slacking in many areas. He is on the lower percentile for his length and weight. Just a peanut. But that's OK. He is a very happy boy and content in most circumstance. He brings a smile to our face on a regular basis. Joshy just cut his first tooth at 11 1/2 months. At this moment I believe he is working on tooth number two! He is starting to walk a little more every day. Getting more daring and walking between furniture. Every time Joshy is standing alone Andrew yells "MOM LOOK, LOOK he's doing it! Cute. He says mama, dada, hot and ite for bite. We are working on sign language but he isn't picking it up as fast as his brother did. As like any mother I could go on and on about my kids. Blessed are we!
I have been blessed with fairly good health this year. With the exception of abnormal head aches which lead to a spinal tap which lead to a spinal head ache. Yahoo THAT was a great week! Nothing abnormal showed up on any on the tests. Thank you Jesus! When I am not at home taking care of my family I can usually be found at work. That is the social part of my week. Still Friday and Saturday's (I am at home a lot) which is just enough time for my husband to get a break from me. :) I got a sewing machine for Christmas from my hubby so I will be taking up the hobby of sewing in hopes to start quilting. I just have to figure out where to start! Still enjoy scrappbooking and working my Mary Kay business!
We spent Christmas at home this year. And were surprised with the attendance of my dad, Marge, Shelby and Kayleena. Gregory and Jennifer showed up at 8am Christmas morning. Not suppose to arrive till that night. Made my day! We celebrated Jesus birth with a perfect prime rib dinner. One of our Christmas blessings was giving to us by the local food bank. Through their make a wish program we were blessed with a load of Christmas gifts for the whole family from Santa. The Tuesday before Christmas Batman (Andrew's fave) and Santa showed up at our house in a Navigator limo and took us out to lunch. Andrew was in heaven. He/we had such a great time that day. To see Andrew so happy is a blessing in it's self. They are also going to fly Josh's good friend Brad out for a visit in February. Josh lights up when we talk about it. The other thing they are blessing us with is the partial remodel of our bathroom. Putting in a new bathtub will be the highlight. Currently we can't get Josh's hoyer under the tub to lower him in. This will change that and lift the tub off the floor so he can at least be lowered in for a quick soak. Exciting!
The Lord continues to meet our needs through your support, prayer and encouragement! You are one of our many blessing this year! Please continue to pray for our family in the year to come. Thank the Lord for the healing he is blessing our family with. He is our joy, hope and love!
Being carried,
Josh, Jenae, Andrew and Joshuah
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment