What a day! Geesh, what a WEEK! First off sorry once again for the delay in info. Once again we were at a hospital that didn't allow me to connect to the Internet. Only access I had was the Safeway parking lot. However I could have gone in, but I was always in a rush to get back to Josh when I WAS at Safeway. So. I've truly felt like this week was one of my "less" stress weeks. That was until I got a migraine on our way over to Medford on Monday. Lasted till Tuesday then hit me ER HARD on Wednesday. Spent the afternoon and evening in the ER. It was different then my usual migraines and it had me very worried. Blood work and CT came back normal. Praise Jesus no bleeding on/in the brain! I received some IV fluids and a dose of Compazine and Benadryl together. Help with the pain as SOON as it entered the blood stream. Well it just made me not care about the pain that is. However. I don't know if it was the two of the meds together or just the Benadryl but I was oh so very sick that night and the next morning. Just wanted to crawl out of my skin. It was very weird and very uncomfortable! I've had Compazine before and didn't react that way. I usually like the way I feel with a dose of pain relievers IV. Helps me SLEEP! Anyways, my point. Okay well I don't remember...
Radiation went well for the most part. The first treatment on Monday took a very long time. After that it was in and out within the hour. On Thursday Josh's left arm/shoulder started hurting him really bad! Probably from all of the pressure reliefs he had to do while waiting with me in the ER. :( He didn't stay all evening but he was with me longer then he should have been. So his shoulder was pretty sore. It took a lot of tricky movements to get him from his bed to wheelchair to gurney to table...and then back. Today, well yesterday went a lot smoother. His shoulder is/was still really sore but the techs moved him very well. On Wednesday we met with Dr. Kohler the oncologist in Medford. Very nice lady. She recommended some of the same chemo that the docs did in Portland. Still going to check on a particular one called Sutent. We are still trying to get a hold of the docs in Boston to see if we can get that worked out. On Thursday Josh did an interview with a Grants Pass radio station. Tear. It went really well and we are hoping that it will bring in some funds to help with the Boston trip shall it come to that. Today Josh had a full body CT to check in on our little friends that have worn out their welcome. They are just being so very rude and won't LEAVE! Gosh darn it! My prayer is that this scan will show that some of these tumors have got the picture and are starting to disappear!
I am sure there is something I am forgetting to tell you. When I remember I'll post it. :)
Because of some unforeseen circumstances today my plans to have dinner with some of my relatives (including my papa and grammy who have yet to meet baby Joshuah) did not happen this evening. Josh felt really bad and apologized, thinking it was his fault... it wasn't but, I thought about it for awhile and told him... that even though today didn't go like I had wanted it to and there are many stressful days and days that we could just live without, I am thankful for what I do have and would rather have 100 crazy days that don't go as planned with him then to have just 1 good day. And I really do feel that way. It's a crazy life we live but it's our life and God has BIG plans!
Congrats Tom and Julie on the little blessing! I can't wait to meet him!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Hi Jenae, Thanks for the update. As always, you're all in our prayers. Rachel
Post a Comment