Wednesday, February 18, 2009

So I woke up this morning with a head ache, body aches and an upset tummy. Rolled over and went back to sleep and finally got out of bed and showered at noon. All the while the doctors are coming into the room discussing things with Josh and I am SLEEPING. UGH! The little bit of extra sleep was nice. That is probably why I feel so crummy. Lack of. At least the sun in shining here in Portland today. Hooray for that!

Dr. Hayden a Oncology tumor specialist (whatever that means) came in this morning (while I slept) and discussed further surgeries with Josh and Shelly. From the sounds of it the largest tumor Josh has is wrapped around his sciatic nerve in his left hip. The explains a LOT! Josh has been having this horrible hip/sciatic pain for yeeeeeaaaaaaaaarrrrs. Which leads me to the conclusion that this is a slow growing cancer. I think Dr. Hayden did say that this morning. Anyway so with this particular tumor Dr. Hayden would go into the area and remove the whole muscle that the tumor is attached to, doing no damage to the sciatic nerve. About 3-4 days in the hospital for that surgery and then some time in rehab. He talked about the tumors in is lungs. Said there is a thoracic surgeon who can remove the tumors in the lungs and the ones around his rib area. But not a lot of details on that surgery. SO. That is what we know at this point. Still unsure of where Josh wants to do rehab at this point.

Pray for me this afternoon. I am headed out to find the Vital Statistic office and the Social Security office to obtain a birth certificate and SS card for my boys. You'd think I would have had all of it. It's something you don't think about until you need it! But hey at least I'll be enjoying the sunshine!

No comments: