It's been almost a week since surgery. I can't believe how fast time goes. Josh is hanging in there, just like the rest of us. He had been experiencing some excruciating right side rib pain. a 15 on a 0-10 pain scale. "It's the worst" He has been on the morphine pills and the neurontin but it just seems to take the edge off. The doc now says that they had to remove a part of a rib and that is where the pain is coming from. Why didn't they tell us this before?? Who knows. It's nice to have a reason but I would still like to have an x-ray done to show there isn't anything else going on.....like a pneumothorax (collapsed lung) for instance...been there done that. We'll see what happens tomorrow. I drove down to Eugene yesterday to see the boys. I've missed them TONS. And it is soooooo nice to be with them. I am headed back to Portland tomorrow with Joshuah and maybe Andrew. Andrew's birthday is on Tuesday and Josh and I wanted to at least see him on that special day. :) Three years old. I can't believe it! Where did my baby go? Joshuah is doing well. Started to eat more at a time and sleep longer at night. Except when he has a tummy ache which seems to be happening a lot lately. I think we'll be changing his formula.
Please keep praying for us. For Josh's pain to get under control, for his strength to come back quickly and for his emotions to stay positive. I appreciate all the thoughts, prayers and words of encouragement. Thank you sooo much. Please feel free to contact me if you have questions and I would love to hear from you!
Lokua02@yahoo.com
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment