Tuesday, September 1, 2009
Today has been a busy day. Josh's pain isn't as bad as it was yesterday. They have decreased the amount of morphine he is allowed to have, and keeping it under control. He had a bone scan this afternoon to see if there is any bone weakening anywhere else. They will be looking to see if there are any areas that need to be stabilized before another break happens. I was able to be in while they did the test. It was very fascinating. One of the most interesting test I have seen. I was able to see the cancer through out his body. Once the radiologist reads the scan and lets us know I'll post another blog to let you know what it showed. Radiation will be done on his left arm where the surgery was. The radiation oncologist said that he would only need one treatment and it can be done here in K. Falls instead of driving to Medford. Amen! The radiation will kill the cancer cells that are still in the area. Killing the cells will aid in the healing of the bone. It seems that if Josh does the exercises he has been given his arm will recover nicely with full use. Hooray!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment