Thursday, May 21, 2009

My first time at the blog. its me Joshua. I hope i do it justice as wife has done such a good job so far keeping all informed. well i guess i will just dive right in. God is good all of the time, Amen. Even when i have weak days, painful days, and wish this would all just go away God is still at work within. When we are weak he is strong, and its in our weakness that his strength is made perfect. The thing that i love most about Jesus is that he is a win, win saviour. Ask yourself what is the worst that can happen in this life. Most of us would say that the worst thing is that we should die; but even in that we win because he has conquered death and prepares a place for us. Oh death where is your victory, of grave where is your sting? I'll be the first to admit that I don't look forward to pain, but again when I exchange my strength for his he seems to make all things bearable. Its as if he gives and extra measure of grace to compensate for what we lack in ourselves so that resting in him we never lack!! Hallelujah Amen to Father, Son, Holy Ghost forever.

Well yesterday was my last day of Sutent Chemo pills. I now get two weeks off in which my oncologist should order a cat scan to see if any of my tumors have changed or were affected. I hope that my mouth heals up soon, its been hurting so bad even water makes my tongue sore. I suppose if that is the worst side affect that i have then that's okay.
My insurance has been fighting against me getting a custom fit wheel chair. It looks like my doctor went to bat for me and really told them how much i need it. So hopefully i will have it soon and be able to get around better. It is really light, has a highly adjustable contoured back, and is candy apple red; wow what a hot ride, stay off the sidewalks!!.
The rest of the family is doing fine. Jenae is working hard to take care of kids and chores and so on. We are grateful to have help come in twice a day. The help does change every so often, so it seems we get someone trained and then they are moved and we have to start all over again. I am so grateful for my wife. she is the best. She takes such good care of me and our family, and i am proud to have her by my side for better or worse; her love means the world to me.
Andrew is just as hyper and on the go as ever. He is so much fun, and so much work. We are told that he is just a typical 3 year old, and i think that is right.
Baby Joshua is growing like a weed. He just started eating some rice formula with his milk and he is taking to it well. Mom cant get enough kisses, hugs, and squeezes out of him as she turns into a high pitched silly faced person herself. She will do almost anything to try to get a laugh out of him. I wish i could hold both of them more but i hurt too much to hold Andrew and can hold Joshua for a limited time only.
In closing i would just like to send a special thanks out to my church family. I often find myself speechless when i consider their care, love, and prayers. They never forget about us, and keep working to raise funds to pay for my cancer bills and other bills. I know that God is and will bless them beyond what they can bear. Well until next time, God bless and rest in his perfect peace that passes all understanding

No comments: