Saturday, May 30, 2009

Josh has been having a rough week. He has been off of the Sutent for almost two weeks now. We thought there would be a scan to see if there was any improvement, when we called his doctor in Medford she said usually they do two rounds of the chemo and THEN a scan. Huh, thanks for telling us that earlier. So now he starts round two on Thursday. Four weeks on then two weeks off. THEN a scan. However. Josh has been very uncomfortable and in a lot of pain the last few days. I called the doc and told her we wanted a scan now instead of waiting. The tumor on the top of his head and on the side of his head that were the last to receive radiation are visible again. Josh feels like the other tumors are all growing also since all of his pain is where ever he has a tumor. So he has a CT on Tuesday to see what is going on and to see if there is anything that needs to be taken care of. He also has an apt. on Thursday with his oncologist in Medford. Not sure exactly what for but she wants to see the whites of his eyes. He seems to be in good spirits. Good days and bad. Defiantly being carried.

We are praying for a new car to come our way soon. Something with AC, leather seats and large doors. :) All will make it easier for Josh to travel. We have a potential car we're looking at tomorrow. Pray for the best.

I have spent all week working outside cleaning things up around here. I hate the heat but enjoy working in the sun. Only one day did I BBQ myself. And yes I've heard of sunscreen and yes I had it on!

Andrew has enjoy playing with the neighbor kids. Everyday it's "mom can I go to my friends house?" My 3yo wants to know if he can GO TO HIS FRIENDS HOUSE!!! I am soo not ready for this. Do you know that they have a trampoline!?!?!? The first and only time HE went over to their house (they usually come to our back yard) this week I stood on the side walk and watched him for about the first 20mins he was there and then went back to check on him like every 5. He is such a big boy these days. We were in the grocery store this evening and like every time we are there he had to go potty... so off the the restroom we go. To make a long story short he now knows what the word echo means and everyone that was in the store I am sure now knows that he knows. :) Oh and really for the first time I dreaded walking past the toys...."mommy, mommy I want this, can I buy that, can I can I?????? Three is a fun age. Isn't it. Andrew was diagnosed with pneumonia last Sunday. Needless to say it didn't slow him down a bit! The only reason I took him to ER was because he was grunting with EVERY breath and well just not really breathing all that well. He is all better now. I hate to admit it but I was kinda looking forward to some snuggle time while he was sick....but I didn't get it cause like I said the sickies didn't slow him down.

Joshy is still growing like a weed. He has his 6mo check up next week. Cooing, and laughing. Lots of smiles. Trying oh so very hard to roll over. He is a thumb sucker and so usually what stops him from getting all the way to his tummy is his thumb in his mouth. I just love my boys. So much fun to watch them grow. It just happens waaaaaaayyy to fast as I am sure all of you who have kids know this my now!

Only one set of footprints in the sand...

No comments: