Thursday, January 1, 2009







Another rainy day in Portland...






The pathology test came back and showed Josh's cancer to be a Alveolar soft part sarcoma instead of the rhabdomyosarcoma. Meaning the tumors are growing from the muscle onto and around the bone. From the research I've done it's a connective tissue cancer. Go figure huh.
The other day the oncologist said was a slow instead of fast growing sarcoma/cancer. But then yesterday Josh said (I wasn't here) the doctor told them they have suspicion that it is a faster growing type, so we just keep going back and forth. Alveolar...is a rare type of cancer and the specialist are networking and trying to figure out the best treatment for Josh. On Tuesday he starts radiation on the two spots on his spine, the spot on his jaw and the MRI showed one on his head (forehead area I think) they want to zap that one too from the sounds of it. "Regular" chemo is no longer and option. The docs say it doesn't help this particular type. So they are going to try some experimental treatments and hope for the best.
Josh's leg movement is getting better and better each day. Physical therapy is working with him daily. They would like to get him moved to a physical therapy rehab center, but insurance doesn't want to pay for him to be at OHSU for radiation and at a rehab center for PT at the same time. So that is going to stretch things out longer.
Andrew is still handling everything pretty well. He has gotten to the point of expecting me to leave I think. Yesterday I asked him to come downstairs and give me a love before I left and he was like okay bye mom see you in a couple days...
Joshuah is doing very well as always. Getting big. Yesterday his weight was 5lbs 10 1/2oz. Growing like a weed. Still not sure when he is going to be released, probably this weekend or the beginning of the week.
I am very anxious for as least part of my family to be together. Missing my home and a routine but it will soon get better. God is defiantly the one carrying me through this.
Hope you all had a blessed Christmas and have a happy new year!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. I love the new pictures of Joshuah Titus. Tell Josh we are thinking about him and sending him good thoughts. Hugs and kisses to your family.

Moika

elkaholic said...

Just letting you know that we are keeping you and all the family in our prayers. You have a place to crash or take a break any time you need it. Love you. Jim

Anonymous said...

HI Friend. I have been praying for you and your family. Call if you need to talk. I love you!