Sunday, February 6, 2011

First off I want to thank everyone who have been praying for me and my family over the last year. I cannot believe it has been that long since I last blogged. For the sake of brain power this entry I hope will be informative but short...
Details of the last few weeks,
On the 17th we took Joshuah to urgent care and he was admitted for pneumonia and low oxygen levels. On the 19th he was released and I was so happy to be getting to sleep in my own bed that night. Well. I went into work for a couple hours just for few appointments (that didn't show). Let me back up a lil bit. On the 15th on our way home from Klamath Falls the power steering belt in my car broke...replaced it and it broke again...so Chad had been driving me all over over this time...so he got to the office to pick me up and I was locking up and all of the sudden I had this sharp pain through my abdomen. It felt like the gas pain I had after I had my c-section. But it wasn't going away and it was getting worse as I was telling Chad to call 911. I felt light-headed and well was just in a lot of pain...I then remember laying on the ground listening to Chad talk with the 911 operator and then hearing the ambulance arrive. The whole time I just remember telling myself to keep my focus on the things above...God was holding my face in his hands as I kept saying "God YOU are in control, YOU are my life, YOU are what is important!" I then remember a lot of different details including vomiting all the way to the hospital, apologizing to the poor guy who's shoes I messed up...
Long story shorter, after lots of painful tests and GREAT doctors I had a spleenic artery aneurysm that ruptured. Due to VEDS of course, however after thinking about it and doing a little bit of research this is a "effect" from pregnancy. Even though it's been two years. Crazy huh.
SO. Surgery Wednesday night (19th) was to stop the bleeding. Second surgery on the 20th was to make sure there was no more bleeding and to close everything up. On Friday I was moved to a "normal" room out of ICU. Blood draws every day, x-ray everyday then every other day. Lots of pain meds. Lots of tears. Lots of support and love from my family to all I am very grateful for!
I am home and pain is under control. Sleeping in my own bed is nice however I wake up a lot...reminds me of when I had my pneumonia thorax and I woke up every time I took a breath it felt like which feels like no sleep.
Plan for now is to keep my BP and HR on the low side. Not like it isn't low enough but I have to keep it lower to protect my vessels. :)
It's crazy to me to think about the last 2 weeks. To think about a tube down my throat or a drain in my side makes me cringe. But on the other hand thankful for the tools and knowledge we have in todays medicine.
I could go on and on about how you should not take life for grand ted, how you should love and show God's love to everyone...BUT I am just going to say this,
Every moment we have is a gift from God. He is the one that says it's over. And 2 1/2 weeks ago he could have taken me home, but he still has a plan for me. And I am going love on my babies and make sure they know they are loved everyday! Live my life like it's my last breath. Hope you do the same! Lots of love to all!!!

No comments: