

Eleven days until the long awaited journey begins. Don't get me wrong it's been a journey all the way through. As of right now the plan is to head to Eugene on the 30th of this month. I'll be admitted on the 6th of Nov. I am VERY anxious, nervous, scared, excited...every emotion I can think of. The Bible says; be anxious for nothing... I am workin on it!
I am just very thankful that I have a good portion of my family up there who will be close. Having a hard time leaving my Josh and Andrew. Part of me thinks they can't go on without me and they'll just suffer the whole time. BUT that's just the controling fleshy part of me. I KNOW they will be just fine and I'll get to see thm every week. It's just the feelings that get to me.
I get to work two days this week and one day next. All half days. :) Get to give flu shots up at the clinic. So I won't be getting myself all worked up, easy cheesey! I have been feeling pretty good. Total weight gain is right around 20lbs. HOORAY! Yes I like gaining weight! It is frustrating though to put something on my body that fit last week but not this week. But that isn't news to those of you that have experienced this before. Found out that my iron was low so now I take a supplement. It's amazing how much that makes a difference in how tired I am from day to day. I have a doctors appt tomorrow to recheck my iron level and to do my diabetes testing this week. Can't wait for that! ha ha.
Jennifer and Tabby came down this week and painted Joshuah's bedroom. Turned out really cute! We got the crib and rocker all put together, got the dresser set up and clothes put away. A lot was accomplished. I just wish we didn't have to wait so long to let the lil guy to enjoy it. However I am sure it will come soon enough and I'll be wondering where the time went like I am now.
I've started a list of things I want with me at the hospital...my own blankets, pillow, clothes :) Things that I want to "do" some scrap booking, puzzle books, cross stitching and readying. If you have any favorite fictional books let me know Iam in serch of the good ones. Not a BIG reader here!
God is definatly in control. He has been with us all the way through and will continue. My faith is strong my emotions are weak. Your prayers are still greatly appreciated and doing wonders! Hope this finds everyone doing well. Hugs to all!


1 comment:
I can give you recommendations for books! The Time Traveler's Wife (by Audrey Niffenegger) is my all-time favorite book - Auntie Linda, Justin's wife Brittany, and all of my friends love it too! If you like fantasy-stuff (like Harry Potter but with romance) the Twilight series (by Stephenie Meyer) is amazing - Cousins Karin and Kate love them too! Jodi Picoult is one of my favorite authors as well - My Sister's Keeper is probably her most famous book and is a good read, may be a little heavy though, I don't know what your taste is! She has a lot of other stuff out too. This summer I read Moloka'i (by Alan Brennert) which was amazing - very rich in story but with a little bit of historical fiction thrown in as well. If you're looking for comedy - David Sedaris is pretty funny, Naked is my favorite of his books. The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time is another great and funny one, by Mark Haddon. Other books I really enjoyed: The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom, and Good Grief by Lolly Winston. Just a forewarning though - with the exception of Twilight and the ones I said were funny, I tend to really enjoy stories that have a bit of a dramatic touch to them - I've cried at a couple of these, but in my opinion, that's what makes a really good book :) You get emotionally involved! I know some people hate stories that have sad stuff in them, so I just thought I would let you know.
Let me know if you decide to read any of these, and good luck with everything! My prayers are with you.
Rachel (your cousin)
Post a Comment